5 Easy – but Important – LinkedIn Profile Tips
ByJob Search Tips, LinkedIn, Networking Know How, OTJ Career Management— — Posted in
1. Don’t duplicate your resume. They should complement each other. The LinkedIn profile reinforces your brand,showcases unique attributes, and conveys personality. The resume presents accomplishments and relevant contributions to a targeted audience.
2. You NEED a good headshot photo, whether it’s done by a professional photographer or not, you need to look professional in it.
3. Security and Privacy: if you are currently employed, be aware of your security settings to avoid alerting their employer and others. Go to: Settings/Privacy Controls/Click on “Turn on/off activity broadcasts.. Un-check the box that says “Let people know when you change your profile, make recommendations, or follow companies.”SAVE. Also click on “Select Who Can See Your Activity Feed.”Find “Your activity feed displays actions you’ve performed on LinkedIn.” Set to “Only You.” SAVE.
4. Use Keywords (not just your current job title) in the Professional Headline
5. Keep it Updated: Make sure the profile is up-to-date and accurate at all times, just like I talk about in the blog post, How NOT Updating Your Resume Regularly Can Really Hurt You
Want more help with LinkedIn? LI Profile Reviews, and, LI Profile Writing are services I offer.
Check out more details on the Job Search Services page