Please allow me to introduce myself . . . (yes, please, hear that to the tune of the Rolling Stones – with bonus points if you can Name that Tune!)
Beyond the obvious of me being a Resume Writer and Interview Skills Coach, my background includes:
— teaching / facilitation in many environments (public education 6-12, college career centers among others)
— corporate training and curriculum development
— early career in social services & non-profits
In a nutshell, that means I support companies that make their bottom line about more than JUST financial returns, and operate in a way that showcases those values. Check out those links to learn more about sustainable business models for the 21st century! I also write about these sometimes on my blog
- Resume Confidence began in 2002, as I became an independent Resume Writer & Interview Skills Coach, working with private clients from around the country
- Resume Reviewer for international placement firm
- Contract Writer for two executive search and resume writing firms
- Resume Editor & Workshop Creater/Instructor for an arts college in their Career Service Department
- Career Placement Specialist in Portland Community College’s Career Services Center with Work Net/One Stop national government funded program for students and any adult job seeker
- Resume Reviewer for Local Hires and Women for Hire job fairs in Tampa
- Member/participant with Career Directors International and Career Management Alliance
It tells the details of my career path…
How I got here
People often ask me how I got into a non-traditional career like resume writing.
In some ways, it started quite unintentionally, when I quite by chance, became the official resume writer within the Kelly Services temp agency where I worked (my LI profile tells that story).
I’ve been working since age 14. I’ve also had job gaps, like many people do (mine are largely from long term travel in my 20’s). I was, like so many are, trying to find my path. Along the way, I reworked my own resume a LOT, often with help, both professional and from friends, which definitely helped me hone my skills along the way.
This all turns out to be one of my secret strengths –– I really believe my own winding path through various fields from non-profits to large corporations, gives me a special insider’s understanding of many of my clients.
This helps me effectively work with:
- Clients with multiple interests and therefore many skills/talents & backgrounds (and how to weave them together in a clear, cohesive resume)
- Job changers / career changers that want to apply their skills in a new role and/or industry (as I’ve done, for myself, and so many clients)
This taught me how to help you:
- clarifying what you want to do NOW, then
- drawing out the transferable skills from those many past jobs and projects and
- presenting them on the page as a sellable ‘brand’
- in a clear, concise content targeted for my clients’ ideal work.
But you don’t have to take it from me
I am quite honored to report that 50% of my business comes from referrals from happy customers, many of whom return for updates and more coaching years later. As some of those happy clients have said:
My clients are the ones that named my company Resume Confidence:
Time and again they would say that our work together helped them feel such relief and just so much more relaxed and self assured in their job search and ability to get a job, in place of the anxiety and uncertainty they had been feeling previously.
And thus the name of my business was born, “Resume Confidence” – helping job seekers resume (reclaim, regain) their confidence in themselves, and their job search!
In their words:
How can I help you get your next job offer?
Check out the Services page for how we can begin working together!