QUIZ: How to tell if you need a Resume Writer
Is Hiring a Resume Writer Worth It?
Or Can You Just Do It Yourself?
You already know you need a great looking resume full of content that will stand out to employers – but – if paying for professional help really necessary? Can you do a good enough job on your own? How do you really know or determine that?
Ask yourself the following questions. Note your honest answers:
- If you already have a resume, and you’ve been sending it out for at least a month or more, are you getting interviews from it?
- Do you know your unique skills and contributions, what makes you stand out from the competition, or do you think you do a good job at work, but couldn’t articulate specifically say why someone should notice your resume, or hire you?
- Do you have specific challenges or questions about your work history/resume that online searches for information or books haven’t adequately answered for you, or other issues you need personal input about regarding your resume?
- Scale of 1 – 10, what is your level of interest in learning how to write an effective resume – and actually do it?
- Scale of 1 – 10, how confident are you in your ability overall to write a strong, attention grabbing resume yourself?
- Scale of 1-10, how willing are you to invest time and effort in this core job search/career tool, and how many hours, to research and learn how to write it yourself?
- Scale of 1-10, how willing are you to invest $$ to get a professional’s help, and how much?
For more detailed information and explanations,
download the free 22 page pdf
This guide will help you put the pieces together to solve the mystery, and give you my 15 years of experience about it all, answering other questions, such as:
- How do you know if you actually NEED a professional resume writer
- Could you probably do just as good yourself?
- What to look for in an ok, good, and great writer – and what to avoid
- The price range/details to expect at each level of service
- If the writer you already hired did a good job – or not