Popular Interview Questions
NOTE: (many of these may be worded as “Tell me about a time that you . . .”—have an example story ready to tell!)
- Tell me about yourself.
- Why do you want to work here?
- Why did you leave your last job (or how did you like your last job)?
- What are your greatest strengths/weaknesses?
- What would your former boss/co-workers say about you?
- How would you deal with a conflict between yourself and a co-worker?
- What are your salary requirements?
- What are your short-term/long-term goals?
- Can you explain any gaps in your employment history?
- Do you have any questions?
Need some tips on how to answer these, and other tougher questions? Check out my very supportive Interview Skills Teleclasses chock full o’ strategy and structure on how to answer common questions — as well as lots & lots of practice and feedback – or – get the same thing, but in an individual, one-on-one Interview Coaching session. Get a free Interview Tips audio file, too, just for you!